Thursday, November 7, 2013

Why I Finally Joined the Blogging World

The new way to reach this modern generation is through the screen that's in front of them, whether that be a computer, a tablet, a phone or one of the thousand screens that we look at multiple times a minute. It's the way we learn, relate, love, and sometimes we even find ourselves out here.

And that's why I'm here... finally.

It's taken a while but I truly believe in the power that a blog can have on a vast audience. I hope that I can just reach one person by telling my story, spilling my jumbled mind and voicing things that matter to me.

I came into this for a few reasons...

First of all it's for myself to learn. It's to learn how to express my opinion without attacking others. It's to learn how to gracefully be wrong and humbly be right. It's to learn to vocalize my views in a way that makes sense to myself and probably a majority of everyday internet users.

Second, I hope it's for others to learn. I love knowledge and finding new ways to see anything and everything. I hope that just one post can make one person think about something differently, if they have then it's been worth it.

Third, it's to organize my mind. Lately, I've been plagued with thinking so much about things that I can't focus on school work and other things that I NEED to remember. If I can write it down, it can leave my thoughts and allow room to focus on other subjects.

Fourth, I think that this will look good later on. If I can say that I successfully ran a coherent blog, it can be just another stepping stone in the world of working in communications. (Especially with corporations looking for people involved in social media).

Fifth, I want to relate. This is how we connect with others, across the world and in the blink of an eye. It will be a great experience living life and relating with people from down the street to across the continent to even on the other side of the world.

Sixth, I want this to be a place where logic and emotion collide. I want people to think consciously about what is going on and combine that with the fire inside to a point where change is no longer an option but a necessity. I want this to be a place where laughter and tears combine.

Finally, I think it's a good start in trying to tell my story thus far and figuring out the rest of my untold tale. I can write down what God is doing, where I'm failing, where I'm succeeding and where this crazy life is taking me.

I want to set some guidelines for myself as I start on this entirely new venture, and hopefully posting them here will help keep me accountable.

1. I DON'T want to attack
I want to provoke thought and discussions that will change myself and readers. I will TRY to do this in a way that does not attack individuals or groups of people. I know that I may fail and probably will but I will try my best to uphold a truthful approach with love.

2. I DO want to prod
If I leave my blog unchanged or not thinking, that means others will do the same. I want to ignite something that maybe people haven't thought about before or at least come at it from a different perspective.

3. I WILL share MY opinion 
There would be no point in this if I was going to share things that I didn't believe in. I know that sometimes people will disagree and cause ruckus. If I say something, I will stand by it and defend it.

BUT...

4. I WILL be humble
This is where I recognize my views are different from others and that sometimes I'm not right. This will be a challenge but it is a necessary one.

This is going to be a crazy ride for myself and hopefully anyone who reads my posts. I'm hoping one day that I can go back to right now and realize how much everything has changed and how much I've grown. I'm ready to trade and transform. I'm ready to be vulnerable and learn who I am, who God is, who everyone else is, and what is going on in this amazing place of my life. I can't wait to see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment