Friday, January 22, 2016

Now, THIS was Supposed to Happen

Exactly a year ago, I wrote a blog about getting rejected for the Compassion internship. I was so sad and so confused about what was going to happen next.

And now, a year later, I look back at that day and the summer of my internship and I can't believe where I am.

I am so grateful that Compassion rejected me.

Don't get me wrong, if I went to Colorado and worked with them, I'm sure it would have been a great experience. I would have met some great people, learned a lot, and had a lot of fun. It would have been great.

But I don't regret my internship or my summer for a second.

My summer was so challenging but so rewarding.

I had an amazing internship. I learned so much through the staff, the tasks, the kids, the other interns. It wasn't my first choice but there was no other place that I would have rather completed my internship.

I got to spend my summer building friendships that I wouldn't trade for the world. We have so many great memories and inside jokes because of that summer.

I wanted that Compassion internship so badly. I was so disappointed when I didn't get it. But I had something so much greater waiting for me.

We're so afraid in the moments of uncertainty. We're so sure that things aren't going to work out. But after every single moment of uncertainty, I can look back and see how everything worked out in my favor. I can look back and see people who encouraged me and stuck by me when I couldn't see what the future would hold.

I feel so silly looking back at those moments of worry.

When have I ever been not taken care of?
When have things not worked out, whether it worked out the way I thought it would or not?
When have I not had people by my side?
What do I have to be so worried about?

Every time I go through one of these moments, I should trust a little more. I should recall the past moments of provision and see that the same will happen.

This was supposed to happen. I was supposed to learn. I was supposed to grow. I was supposed trust. I was supposed to love. I wouldn't have had it any other way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment